Protein Oatmeal Cookies - Low-FODMAP - Vegan - Gluten-Free:


I have been on the hunt for protein bars that are Gluten-Free, have no nuts, and are low-FODMAP. And,
I uh, at this pint am pretty sure they don't exist. They're like, unicorn level mythical. So I did what I've
been doing a lot when making new food recently; I looked up a vegan recipe, and then looked at what
I had to replace to make it low-FODMAP. I adapted this recipe from NaomiTheSweetestPototo.


As always, the brands I recommend are ones that I like and that work with my digestive system, and
are not sponsored plugs. You can use whatever brand you like, but it will probably change the calories
and macros. The calories and macros I've calculated are educated guesses based on serving size.


Prep time - 20 minutes.
Cook Time - 8-12 minutes.


Ingredients:  


  • 2 Tablespoons flax seed meal.
  • 1 1/4 Cup oat flour [you can make this by just grinding oats into powder with a blender].
  • 64 Grams protein powder.
  • 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup.
  • 2 Teaspoons baking powder.
  • 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda.
  • 1/2 Cup soy milk.
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
  • Cinnamon.
  • Optional - Fruit you like adding to your oatmeal.


You'll need: 

  • 1 Mixing bowl.
  • A fork.
  • A cookie sheet.
  • A reusable cookie sheet liner or parchment paper.
  • A mug.

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In your mug mix flax meal with six tablespoons of water. Set aside for fifteen minutes to let it gel.

In mixing bowl mix all dry ingredients.

After your flax meal has been siting for fifteen minutes mix it and the rest of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Once combined use fork to lay out six large cookies on the lined baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes.

If adding fruit, top cookies with fruit before baking.

Once done baking let sit for five minutes, and then transfer cookies to cooling tray. Cooled cookies can be kept in the fridge for up to five days.

Calories - 134.
Protein - 11.8 grams.
Carbs - 16.3 grams.
Fat - 2.2 grams.


Serving size, one cookie.


Looking for more recipes? You can see my recipe master list here!


-Topknot


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commission Price Page:

Ranch Style Salad Dressing - Low-FODMAP - Gluten-Free - Vegan:

Free Workouts for Social Distancing: