Sheet Pan Pancakes - Gluten-free - Low-FODMAP:




I was browsing Pinterest recently after my Partner, Vox, made us pancakes. I liked the pancakes.
I used to hate pancakes! So I was wondering if there was an easier way to make a big batch of
them and came across Pan Sheet Pancakes. Oh my, yes please! But I couldn’t find a suitable
Gluten-Free version that used Bisquick’s mix, so I made one. You can probably sub out other
Gluten-Free mixes or make your own, but I haven’t tried anything else yet, so if you do let me know
how it went in the comments!


I’m sure there are other toppings you could add on as you bake, and I’ll update the recipe as we find
good things to add that are IBS friendly.


As always, the brands I recommend are ones that I like and that work with my digestive system,
and are not sponsored plugs. You can use whatever brand you like, but it will probably change the
calories and macros. The calories and macros I've calculated are educated guesses based on serving
size.


Prep time - 5-10 Minutes, depending on toppings.
Cook Time - 13-15 Minutes.


Ingredients:  


  • 4 Cups Gluten-Free Bisquick pancake mix.
  • 10 Tablespoon egg whites.   
  • 3 Cups Silk Original Soymilk.


Optional Ingredients:


  • Cinnamon.
  • 4 Cups fruit toppings if you want to cover the entire thing, 2 cups if you want to cover half, like
shown in my photos.


You'll need:
  • A deep sided cookie sheet.
  • Rubber spatula for mixing and scraping.
  • Mixing bowl.
  • Measuring cups.
  • Tablespoon.
  • Parchment paper.
  • Pizza cutter.
Instructions:


  • Mix all ingredients and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  • Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. You’ll want the parchment paper to completely cover the
cookie sheet, so tear off a piece that’s a few inches bigger on all sides than the cookie sheet.
  • Pour pancake mix batter into lined baking sheet and use rubber spatula to spread, making sure to
work it into the corners and to spread it evenly along the edges.
  • Top with fruit, if desired.
  • Bake for 13-25 minutes.
  • Let cool in pan for five minutes before cutting into 18 slices.


Serve while still warm, enjoy plain, or top with you favorite way to dress up a pancake. I’m pretty fond of
mixing a serving of protein powder into a serving of sunflower butter with a little soymilk to make it wet
and using that as a spread. They’re also really good plain, but I’m the kind of monster who genuinely
enjoys plain rice cakes, so your mileage may very. Refrigerate leftovers or freze, and microwave for
30 seconds to make them soft again.

Calories - 65 Calories a slice without any toppings.
Protein - 2.9 Grams.
Carbs - 10.7 Grams.
Fat - 0.9 Grams.









* We had to cook the half of the pancakes we did with fruit a little longer when I used a peach and
strawberry combo, but not when I used just the strawberries. The pancakes are pretty easy to move
right out of the oven, so we carefully cut off the half without fruit and cooked the half with fruit for a few
more minutes, until the top longer looked soupy.


Looking for more recipes? You can see my recipe master list here!


-Topknot




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commission Price Page:

Ranch Style Salad Dressing - Low-FODMAP - Gluten-Free - Vegan:

Free Workouts for Social Distancing: